Please contact our concierge team for details, by completing an availability request form
Time spent at Villa Arienzo can be pure relaxation and recreation, a base for cultural excursions, or your own unique combination of both. Villa Arienzo is on the outskirts of Positano, in an exclusive enclave known locally as Arienzo. The setting enables you to enjoy privacy, quiet and easy access to the town one and a half kilometres
away. Positano offers all the necessary amenities of a summer resort town, including ample fine-dining options.
Private boat service is available for days exploring the coastline from the water, deep sea fishing or even 24-hour taxi service to town can be arranged for pickup and drop-off at the Villa.
You have numerous destinations within easy reach by either boat or hired car: the bay islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida; the towns of Amalfi, Ravello and Maiori; Pompeii, and of course Naples.
A public walkway from the Amalfi Drive brings you past neighbouring villas to the property itself. Just inside the gate is a small dependence, home to the owner's daughter. The first view of this mid-century villa is from above, the sparkling white domed roof and perfectly fresh coral walls immaculate, the walkways and stairs.
Once you enter the Villa on the upper level, you enter your own private world while pathways link the Villa itself with the compound overall. A series of staircases, partially shaded with bougainvillea pergolas, descends to the ocean, passing by the owner's private apartment and garden terrace. Several terraces provide options for rest and play; one is set with a Ping-Pong table, long chairs and a bar with fridge set into the stone hillside for cold drinks. Changing room with W.C. is adjacent. Close to the water, a large sunbathing terrace includes open-air shower (cold water only)
and leads to a second sunning terrace.
Below is the diving platform at the water's edge. A ladder facilitates access into and out of the water. The views become ever more captivating as you reach water's edge, ending
with an extraordinarily dramatic view up to Positano. The swimming is glorious from May to October, and the private yacht mooring enables you to combine a vacation at sea with a villa of the highest quality.
This Villa offers exceptional outdoor seaside living. A wraparound terrace extends along the ocean side of the house and includes a gracious, furnished sitting area for 10, the couches strewn with pillows for relaxing out of doors under the straw pergola. You can come and go freely from terrace to kitchen, living room and dining room, as you choose.
Further along, dining tables and chairs are set under a white awning - the spreading arbour of a lemon tree keeps it fragrant and shady. The undulating ocean, unbroken to the horizon, moves from indigo to azure with the light.
Views of the receding promontories lead your eye to the tip of the Amalfi peninsula with Capri in the distance. Positano itself sits near at hand, its houses like cherries in the bowl of the hill. A shaded and wind-protected courtyard set with marble table for eight serves as an al fresco breakfast room. An adjacent arcade, eventually leading around to the ocean side, has been converted into a simple workout area with an exercise bike, weight bench and stair climber. Professional massages can be arranged on-premises.
This is an exclusive setting, a haven for enjoying the pleasures of the seaside during the long months of delightful weather. The interior of Villa Arienzo is designed to feel cool and soothing; a respite from the bright sun and glinting light of the ocean. Vaulted ceilings in virtually every room add to their already dramatic height.
- - A series of staircases, partially shaded with bougainvillea pergolas, descends to the ocean
- - Several terraces provide options for rest and play; one is set with table tennis, long chairs and a bar with fridge set into the stone hillside for cold drinks
- - A large waterfront lounge area created from multiple terraces includes open-air shower (cold water only) and leads to a second sunning terrace
- - A wraparound terrace extends along the ocean side of the house and includes a gracious, furnished sitting area for 10, the couches strewn with pillows for relaxing out of doors under the straw pergola
- - Staircase down from upper level entrance to reception room, fax machine. Double glass doors open to living room.
- - Living room for eight opens directly to main terrace. CD player. Open to sitting room.
- - Sitting room for five with gas fireplace, satellite TV with DVD, ADSL internet line and modem.
- - Formal dining room seats 10. Glass door opens to al fresco dining area on pergola terrace.
- - Double bedroom (queen) with desk, AC and ceiling fan. Ensuite bath (tub with hand-held shower, curtain) and adjacent dressing area with built-in closets.
- - Guest bath.
- - Kitchen (4 gas- and 2 electric-burner stove, large oven, microwave, espresso maker, large fridge with separate freeze, ice maker and small fridges) with separate pantry (dishwasher).
- - Service room (extra fridge, washing machine, dryer) for use by staff. Direct access to side stairs for deliveries.
- - Single bedroom (twin) with AC, ceiling fan, direct access to patio and ensuite bath (enclosed shower stall). By separate payment, on request only. Please inquire.
- - Master bedroom suite (queen) with AC, ceiling fan and wall-safe. Ensuite bath (walk-in shower) and dressing area. Glass doors open to shared terrace overlooking ocean.
- - Double bedroom (queen) with AC, ceiling fan and ensuite bath (enclosed shower stall). Glass door opens to small private terrace with view of coast.
- - Double bedroom (queen) with entrance vestibule, AC, ceiling fan and ensuite bath (tub with hand-held shower). Glass door opens to shared terrace.
- - Laundry area (washing machine) for staff use only.
- - Saturday - Saturday rentals only.
- - Staff includes one cook (8 hrs/day, Monday - Saturday), one maid (8 hrs/day, 6 days/week for cleaning) and one houseman (8 hrs/day, 6 days/week). Staff staggers schedule for one day off each. Minimal services on Sundays.
- - An arrival dinner is included if guests arrive before 8:00 pm.
- - Continental breakfast is served buffet-style for guests' convenience. Food costs included on guests' first morning.
- - Villa will be stocked with essential items on arrival. Full shopping will be done the first morning of your stay.
- - Towels changed daily and two bed linen changes per week - additional linens by separate payment.
- - Staff will clean and iron one load of personal laundry per day. There may be an additional charge if extra staff is needed (E. 10.00 per hour, per person).
- - WiFi included.
- - Children welcome only with owner's express approval at time of booking and with a dedicated babysitter (for small children). Owner reserves the right to refuse rentals to those with children and may charge for
the presence of children who were not approved on booking. Hazards for children include open terraces, platform at ocean and numerous stone stairways. Please inquire if you are planning to travel with children.
- - A ninth guest can sometimes be accommodated with a supplement. Please inquire.
- - Air-conditioning included.
- - There are many steps (30 to house by public stairway, 254 from house to sea). Staircases are enclosed and have railings. There are many terraces for resting. A
porter is included to assist with luggage on arrival and departure.
- - Access to ocean from stone platform; vertical ladder with handrails for exiting ocean; Beach (pebbles) with services available at 7 min. walk
- - House management provided by owner and Homebase Abroad Concierge who are available to assist guests with various needs.
- - Telephone/fax
- - Food, beverages and consumables
- - Additional staff hours
- - Extras deposit ($ 1,450/week)
- - Refundable security deposit ($4,000)
Points of Interest
- - Positano (shops, restaurants): 5 - 20 mins. (on foot, by boat or by car)
- - Sorrento: 30 mins.
- - Capri: 30 - 40 mins. by boat
- - Ravello, Amalfi, Naples (airport), Pompeii: 1 hr.
- - Vietri: 2 hrs.
- - Rome airport: 4 hrs.
Availability request >
LE's Villa Collection star system: