||LE Villa Collection, Italy
Please contact our concierge team for details, by completing an availability request form
Villa di Anacapri is impeccable. Anyone seeking extraordinary luxury and service
in a private setting must consider the extraordinary Villa di Anacapri. The
accomplished owner, well known as a dealer in important antiques and paintings,
has restructured her historic family home, originally constructed in the early 19th
century. The style is neoclassical, very much in keeping with an important period in
the development of Capri as a sybaritic and luxurious vacation destination for the
rich and powerful families and industrialists of Europe. Today, the Villa di Anacapri
is an oasis of calm and refinement with an exceptional commitment to ensuring
guests complete enjoyment of the property, island and region.
Anacapri itself swirls around the Villa, a reservoir of services and attractions immediately available outside the front gate. The sublimely elegant Capri Palace is
just down the lane, with a stunning spa - beautifully designed for complete relaxation and self-indulgence. There are boutiques for browsing and plenty of restaurants in and among the narrow lanes of Anacapri's dynamic central neighborhood. You are near the well known home - now a museum - of the famous Swedish physician and writer Axel Munthe. These are the streets haunted by Graham Greene and Norman Douglas. This is also a town, distinct from Capri, priding itself on its own spirit and natural appeal. Without descending to 'middle Capri', as the area surrounding the famously picturesque and important Piazza Umberto I is called, you can scale the height of Monte Solaro in a funicolare, picnic in hand, and find a spot for enjoying the extraordinary panorama. Take a leisurely stroll to the church of San Michele and its justifiably famous painted ceramic tile floor, or start the day with several sets of tennis on the well-groomed clay courts at the local club just down the street. You can take a taxi down to the beach club of Il Faro where you can enjoy a day of sun and swimming in the sapphire seas. The romantics will be sure to stay for the long and glorious sunsets as they unfold in the open panorama of sea before you.
Relaxation and pleasure are the bywords of the Villa di Anacapri. The pool (10 x 7.5) is set below the Villa, surrounded by its own garden of palm, jasmine, rosemary and lavender. A lovely paved patio leads seamlessly to the pools' shallow entrance stairs, one edge overhanging with fragrant flowers. Enjoy the gentle lapping sound of the vanishing edge, as well as hydro-massage jets for those wanting a more vigorous swim. There are ample sun beds to be moved at will around the perimeter, and a dining corner with brightly colored umbrellas shading two cafe tables seating eight for snacks or lunch by the pool. We cannot say enough about the garden. Every vista is enlivened with the fragrance, color and texture of this Eden; pomegranate, pine and magnolia trees, robust shrubs of roses and hibiscus, bedding plants filling in here and there to ensure a complete tapestry of well-cared-for lushness.
- - Stunning private gardens on multiple terraces
- - Infinity pool (10 x 7.5 meters) with hydro-massage jets
- - Poolside patio with umbrellas and dining area
- - Secret garden with pergola, sitting area, and serving bar
- - Al fresco dining terrace
- - Formal entrance hall with Director's office flows seamlessly into a double-sized sitting room for 14 or more. The recent and complete restoration of the property
has preserved the authentic architecture of this important home, built by a famous
family and showing the breeding of true aristocrats. The comfortable sitting areas
are cooled and shaded by the thick whitewashed walls and barrel-vaulted ceilings.
Large single-pane windows and double doors open directly to the extraordinary
garden. Important artwork, antiques and appointments fill the walls and coffee
tables. Beautifully upholstered sectional sofa in vibrant red damask is replete with
coordinating pillows. This is a refined and elegant home, each piece carefully
chosen to create a harmonious blend between classic good taste and comforts.
- - Short flight of stairs to open den alcove for five. Plasma TV with satellite and
DVD. Full bar. Glass doors open directly to the al fresco dining patio. Stairs lead
to upper level. Striking 19th century marble statue.
- - Formal dining room with antique table for 16 and arched double doors to the
garden. Outstanding collection of paintings and prints adorns the walls, reflecting
the owner's evident taste and exceptional skill at filling each room with warmth,
character and distinction.
- - Excellent modern kitchen (6-burner gas stove, oven, microwave, fridge, freezer,
dishwasher) fully equipped for professional cooking. Delightful separate dining
area with antique table and benches set with bright pink and red pillows. This is an
ideal corner for planning meals, having a light lunch or enjoying a late-night
snack. Very large north-facing windows.
- - Laundry room (staff use only).
- - Collector's Room. Exceptional double bedroom suite (French beds) is hung with
an impressive collection of 17th century Neapolitan art including a very dramatic
portrait of the Madonna and child. Venetian chandelier feels completely in
keeping with the elegance and proportion of the room. TV with satellite and
DVD, safe and small fridge stocked with refreshments. Floor-to-ceiling drapes
frame the double doors opening to the corner terrace (shared with following two
bedrooms but with independent sitting areas separated by privacy screen). From
this terrace, guests can enjoy a view of the sea. Dramatic ensuite bath (tub with
hand-held shower) with jacuzzi.
- - Venetian Room. Exquisite and spacious double bedroom (queen) with beautifully
tiled floor. TV with satellite and DVD, safe and small fridge stocked with refreshments. Door opens to the northwest and flower-edged terrace shared by adjacent two bedrooms but each separated by privacy screen and furnished with marble, mosaic-topped cafe table. Ornate carved 18th century Venetian bookcase leads to unique ensuite bath with open sink area and very spacious steam shower.
- - Voyagers Room. Entrance vestibule leads to intimate double bedroom (queen). Romantic canopy bed and an extensive collection of artifacts - maps, prints and objects -from long-ago journeys to the Orient create a lovely atmosphere. TV with satellite and DVD. Safe and small fridge stocked with refreshments. Door opens to shared private terrace with cafe table and chairs for taking breakfast in your room if you choose. Window overlooks garden along the north edge of the estate and the neighborhood beyond. Ensuite bath (tub with hand-held shower) with small north-facing window.
- - Artists Room. Charming barrel-vaulted ceiling with contemporary fresco detail on the walls by noted Italian artist Enrica Capone. The inspiration for the details in this suite was taken from the Marchigiana bookcase. Double bedroom (twin beds cannot combine) set into alcove with upholstered headboards. TV with satellite and DVD. Safe and small fridge stocked with refreshments. Ensuite bath (tub with hand-held shower) finished with white marble mosaic details and two stone basins from the 18th century.
- - Oriental Room. Very spacious double bedroom suite (queen) with Chinese platform bed and coordinated wall-mounted textile fragment above. The striking lacquer-red tones in the fabrics and materials of the room beautifully match the overall theme. TV with satellite and DVD. Safe and small fridge stocked with refreshments. Luxurious ensuite bathroom (shower stall) finished in Venetian mosaic with a modern sink set into a glass vanity.
- - Louis XVI Room. Dramatic double bedroom (queen) with an original Louis XVI carved and gilded 'boisserie' panel filling an entire wall. TV with satellite and DVD. Safe and small fridge stocked with refreshments. Double doors open to a sun-filled south-facing terrace overlooking the breakfast terrace and garden. Distinctive bathroom (shower) with plunge pool and south-facing window.
- - Independent Garden Suite is adjacent to the pool, separated by a hedge of hibiscus. Private terrace with lounge chairs. Full floor-to-ceiling glass sliders face north, and open to spacious living room with sumptuous and relaxing appointments in luxurious fabrics, all whites and beiges. Stunning modern sectional sofa (full) for enjoying entertainment center with plasma TV with satellite and DVD.
- - Ultra sleek and modern efficiency kitchen (stove, microwave, sink, fridge) for light meals taken in privacy.
- - Luxurious bathroom with marble Empire tub. Separate WC.
- - Tranquil double bedroom (queen) with linen and silk bed on raised platform. Independent entertainment center with plasma TV with satellite and DVD. Floor-
to-ceiling drapes for privacy lead through glass sliders to private terrace and pool
area. Modern marble tub, fully functioning, adorns the room like a sculpture.
Ensuite bath (shower stall) and walk-in closet.
Points of interest
- - Anacapri (restaurants, spa, tennis, attractions, shopping, taxis): outside the Villa
- - Capri (boutiques, restaurants, services): 7 minutes via taxi
- - Marina Grande (commercial boats, boat rentals): 10 minutes via taxi
- - Positano: 30 - 40 minutes by boat
- - Naples, Naples Airport: 50 minutes
Guests are welcome to arrive any day of the week. Full staff includes English-speaking House Manager and two on-site maids. Daily cleaning and linen change included. Service for three meals per day, seven days per week included. Internet access in each bedroom. House Manager available to assist with transportation, excursions, reservations and other such services. Children over 12 welcome.
Telephone/fax/internet; Food, beverages and consumables; Refundable security
Availability request >
LE's Villa Collection star system:
Availability request >
View all Villas in Italy >
Casa Mahler, near Perugia >
Casa Olivi, Marche >
Casa Vittoria, near Ansedonia, Maremma >
Casale d'Arbia, near Siena >
Casale di Larniano, near Siena >
Le Due Case, near Orvieto >
Le Pratola, Gaiole, near Siena >
Oliveto, Val d'Orcia >
Palazzo Santa Croce, Positano >
Podere I Troscioni, Val d'Orcia >
Podere La Vetrichina, Val d'Orcia >
Torre di Clavel, Positano >
Tramonti, Chianti >
Tre Ville, Positano >
Villa Arienzo, Positano >
Villa Campocane, near Ansedonia, Maremma >
Villa Cima, Lake Como >
Villa della Tremezzina, Lake Como >
Villa di Renai, near Florence >
Villa Fiorentina, near Florence >
Villa Il Campo, Sorrento >
Villa Isabella, near Siena >
Villa La Cassinella, Lake Como >
Villa la Rocca, Val d'Orcia >
Villa Malakoff, Lake Como >
Villa Maria Taglioni, Lake Como >
Villa Travertino, Forte dei Marmi >
Why not join our Luxe-trotter's Club? Click here >